Rules & Regulations
Order: All contestants must be checked in and in holding area 5 spots prior to run or you will be disqualified. All contestants must run in order or you will be disqualified.
Special Requests: All requests for draws, stalls, RV's, etc... MUST BE requested on your entry form online. Requests that are sent in via Facebook, email, and/or text message will not be honored. NO GUARANTEES.
Drag: Drag after each 5, big drag after 50.
Entries: NO STALLS OR RV’s WILL BE SOLD AFTER JUNE 23 at 5 pm. YOU CAN ENTER THE RACE UNTL FIRST HORSE RUNS EXCEPT FOR YOUNG GUNS WHO MUST BE ENTERED BY 9:30 AM.
Youth must be 12 years old as of January 1, 2019. Young Guns must be entered by 9:30 am. You can run in the open or roll your time over from Young Guns to open and sidepots. If they do run twice, their time from the open will be used if you enter sidepots.
All 2D Slot Racers will run at the END of the barrel race on Saturday. $100 entry fee $1,000 added 100% payback just on this one race. The time will be rolled into the Open race and side pots if you choose to enter those too.
2 Ways to Enter:
1. Easy online pre-registration from Monday, June 3 at 8 am – Sunday, June 23 at 5 pm. You must pay with a credit card. If you want to be stalled with someone everyone in the group must note it on their entry forms in the request box and enter within a three hour period of each other online. ANY AND ALL REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THE ENTRY FORM IN THE REQUEST BOX. NO REQUEST WILL BE GRANTED THROUGH EMAIL, TEXT MESSAGE, OR FACEBOOK.
2. On site Race Entries Only with CASH or CREDIT until first horse runs.
Payouts: All checks will be mailed out from Mississippi State University two weeks after the show. Your mailing address and social security number is required to collect winnings. 70% payback on all classes except the Saturday 2D Slot Race which is 100%.
Parking: No running generators next to the barns. You will have to be a designated distance from the horse stalls. Fire lanes are a must around the barns and minimum of 12 feet in front of the stalls must be kept clear for all contestants to have access to their stalls.
- No dogs allowed inside the MS Horse Park. All service dogs must be wearing certification vest and present card if requested. All dogs on the grounds must be kept on a leash.
- No tie-outs overnight or porta-pens. No tying horses to arena panels. No plugging trailers into barns.
- Only one horse per stall.
- Substitutes can be made if office is notified prior to competition.
- Attire is Horse Park t-shirt and cowboy hat or full western.